Sunday 14 February 2016

Flowerville

Last year I was part of a group of great girls who met once a month at Patchwork with Gail B in Bayswater. Our much loved tutor Rosie Dekker (Quinlan) designed a 'Block of the Month' over nine months to put together into a quilt named Flowerville. Always exciting as we did not know what Rosie was going to turn up with. I chose a totally different colourway and have worked hard to get it to the stage it is at now...... because I have it booked in with Anita at Hillside Quilting for the end of March to have it quilted. Rosie was so helpful in selecting the fabrics for the borders.
The nine blocks are laid out ready for the stitcheries to be sewn onto the Dresden plates.
Most of us have not finished the quilt so we are still meeting once a month and if Rosie is well enough, she will come and stitch with us. Loved seeing her this week.


And you should all be so proud of me as my hubby has just shown me how to upload photos from my phone to the laptop and voila, I did the next step myself so maybe you may see me some more in Blogland!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks absolutely brilliant. You star.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are a clever girl,I am impressed.
    Oh I love this ,your quilt is going to be amazing my friend ,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt looks wonderful Ann. Just imagine how it's going to look once it's quilted! You've got no excuse now for not putting photos in your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done!!! That looks amazing!! Will be sensational once it is finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Annie,the blocks look beautiful.
    Well done also on mastering the photo upload...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow. Fantastic. I know you were a little late on one or two of the meetings... But. Hey you have done it... Great to see you back on here. Will you be in Gisborne soon at the meeting...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these blocks! Well done for learning how to download them from your phone :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. tis a lovely finish, I send my pics to myself via messenger lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by I appreciate your comments